Just a reminder that we are going to Batoche tomorrow. The please have your child at the school at 6:45 am. The bus will leave by 7:00 am.
The weather forecast says that it will be warm with a chance of rain. Please have your child dress appropriately. Sunscreen and bug spray will be important to have.
Students will be permitted to bring electronics for the bus trip if they have parental permission.
On the way home, I will give an ETA once we finish supper in Davidson and when we get to Chamberlain. Please check your email or visit mrboyer.ca for details.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me tonight by email.
Here’s what we will be up to next week:
· We will continue studying the candidates for the woman who will be selected to be featured on the first banknote in 2018 in French class. Students will research one of the candidates and prepare a poster for the class.
· We will continue our patterns unit and work on a Symmetry inquiry project in Math.
· We will continue to study food webs and food chains in Science.
· We will prepare for our trip to Batoche during Social Studies.
· We will continue to read our plays to other classes for Arts Ed.
· We will continue learning about Habitats in ELA.
A reminder that all Batoche trip money ($15) is due by the 26th. Students are responsible for bringing a bagged lunch and money or food for supper.
Thanks to Mme Skoropad and Mme Myre who helped us redesign and modernize our classroom layout. We now have a variety of seating options for students, including chairs, desks, camping chairs, stools, yoga balls, cushions for the floor and floor level tables. Students have much more choice in where and how they are going to sit and are able to consider where they work best every day.
We have also received 5 chromebooks for use exclusively in our class. This will help streamline the day and give students easier access to technology for their work. Merci Mme Phipps!
Have a great weekend. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.
Please have students complete Math p. 8 #2,3,6,7 for homework. Also, Scholastic order forms are due tomorrow.
Have a great evening!
Just a heads up that the students will be making a quick presentation to the school at assembly. We’re presenting this month’s work of mercy: “Shelter the Homeless”. All parents are welcome to attend. The assembly starts at 8:35.
Have a great weekend!
Just a quick update:
· Swimming lessons will be continuing next week. There won’t be a lot of homework until they are done due to us having reduced time in class. Keeping up with reading and working on multiplication facts would be great homework for the students.
· A reminder: There is no school on Friday, April 22nd and Monday, April 25th.
Have a great weekend!
I just want to thank everyone that came to tri-conferences this week. I loved the opportunity to interact with you and your child and the students all did a great job of leading the discussions!
Just a quick reminder that we will be swimming when we get back every day from 10:10 to 10:50.
Also, the second Minecraft group will start as soon as we get back as well from 3:00-4:00 on Mondays.
Finally, I'd like to wish everyone an enjoyable and relaxing Easter break.
I’m sending your child’s report cards home today. Please review them over the weekend. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me next week or we can discuss them at your child’s conference.
Here is what we’ve been up to lately:
· We are preparing our goals for the next term and preparing our portfolios for tri-conferences.
· We are continuing to learn about fractions and will be starting decimals soon.
· We are continuing to review grammar rules and read informative texts in French.
· We are learning about different aspects of sound in ELA, and are working on a research project in sciences naturelles. Students have the choice of researching the dangers of sound, noise pollution, or the dangers of headphones.
· We are continuing to learn about the Métis resistance of 1885 in sciences humaines.
· We are doing a read aloud of A Wind at the Door, the sequel to A Wrinkle in Time.
· We have completed our dance unit. The student’s dance videos have been posted to my blog (www.mrboyer.ca)
· We are continue to learn about the Holy Spirit and it’s guiding influence in Religion.
Have a great weekend!