Here’s just a quick rundown of things that are happening in the classroom next week.
Monday: The school is doing Jump Rope for Heart during their Phys. Ed time. Please send all pledge envelopes back to school as soon as possible so we can get our donation counted up. Remember, if the school raises more than $2500 that I’ll be duck taped to the wall on Friday. I’m looking forward to it.
New dictée words will go home on Tuesday. This is also our library day so please return all library books to school.
Wednesday: The class will be going to Vanier to participate in French language activities along with the rest of the school.
Friday: The grade 4 students will be presenting some French plays that they’ve been working on learning for the last few weeks.
Other classroom news:
· We’ve started an independent learning project called Genius Hour. I’ve set aside one hour of English Language Arts time per week for students to work on a research project of their choice. So far they are making a list of ideas for themselves, and this week we’ll narrow down our choice and start researching. I’m tracking what students are working on and will keep them accountable for their time. I see some great ideas ranging from learning to draw to learning how computer games are made. I’m excited to see what the students will come up with.
· Coding club has been a great success so far, with some students asking me to supervise them during recess so that they can continue to work on their programs.
· Minecraft club has gotten off to a great start. I am considering letting the current group of students continue until the end of the year, and starting the second group once coding club finishes up.
· Classcraft continues to be popular in our classroom. We are currently working on our third multiplication boss battle, so be sure to remind your child to practice their multiplication flash cards daily.
· We’ve started learning division facts and relating them to their multiplication facts. Again, practice those flash cards!
· In French, we are working on a writing project with Mme Bzdel and Mme Skoropad. We are also going to do some grammar work starting this week.
· Students are researching the natural resources of Saskatchewan in Sciences humaines and finishing up a presentation on Mohs Hardness Scale in Sciences naturelles.
That about sums it up. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know! Have a great weekend!