· If possible, students are to complete all outstanding activities within the Numbers strand in Mathletics.
· We recognized the harmful effects of residential schools by participating in Orange Shirt Day. Elder Gerry Stonechild spoke to the students about his experiences in a residential school.
· We started an English writing assignment and watched some videos about how to brainstorm and plan writing.
· We worked on completing some outstanding work on Stile and Mathletics.
o Stile is a learning management portal that I discovered at a conference a few years ago. We are using it because it has many practical and instructional benefits that will enhance the learning in our classroom. We are still doing many handwritten activities throughout the week as well. If you have any questions about Stile, please be sure to let me know.
· We participated in the school’s Terry Fox run this afternoon.
· School photos are Thursday.
· The students will be receiving their own Bibles at a celebration on Tuesday. The celebration starts at 10:30 am and all parents are welcome to attend. Students are welcome to bring a snack for the class.
· Our class will be leading the Thanksgiving celebration on Friday at 2:00 pm. Parents are invited to attend.
Have a great weekend!